11 August 2010

Alone at Last

One of my favorite times of day these days is Micaiah's nap time - and it's not because I don't love precious moments with my little girl or because I can't seem to be extremely productive around the house while she's awake without feeling as though I'm neglecting her.

It's because I love my alone-time with Mr. Emmett. I love those wonderful hours when I can snuggle with him on the couch without making someone feel left out, or lay him on my lap, staring into his adorable eyes, saying silly things to him to see if he'll smile on his own without having a finger poked in his face, or have tummy time, watching his little legs and arms wiggle around without worrying that other tiny legs and arms will stumble over him or smack him on the head with their bright orange laptop.

When parents make the leap to extend their family beyond having an only child it begins to become very difficult to find one-on-one time with any one child, so any time such as this which is naturally built into the schedule is quite a treasure. And I'm quite enjoying it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment