07 November 2012

Of Potatoes

"I haven't blogged in a really long time."

"I was thinking that, but I didn't want to say anything."

"I just don't know what to blog about."

"Potatoes."

"Blog about potatoes?"

"Yeah.  Our kids seem to like them; they made a lot of jokes about them."

[Side note: the kids had been exchanging "jokes" with Daddy for the duration of dinner this evening.]

"Like what?"

"Knock. Knock."

"Who's there?"

"Potato."

"Potato who?"

"Knock. Knock."

[I was now beginning to expect an "Orange you glad I didn't say 'potato'?" ending to this saga of a joke.]

" . . . I'm not doing this. . . . sigh . . . Who's there?"

"Echo potato!"

"Echo potato who?"

"I don't know, that was Emmett's joke."

This is probably a "you had to be there" kind of moment, but the image of my two-year-old spouting out this clever joke he made up amid Daddy's knee-slappers pretty much sent me over the edge of tired hysteria this evening.  Man I love my kids (and their Daddy, too).

1,000 Gifts:
1002. Leaves of varying colors 
1003. Bubbles blown in the sunshine
1004. Tiny hands trying to catch said bubbles
1005. Cries of "Yay!" coming from their room (and for who knows what reason)
1006. Dinner-time comedy
1007. A whole weekend of just me and the kids - and enjoying every minute of it
1008. A Slumber Party 
1009. Bantering with my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment