20 February 2009

The Lost Tapes


Every day Philip and I send instant messages back and forth while he's at work. The following are real excerpts from real conversations in this past week alone. It's a wonder he gets any work done at all with the deep issues I ask him to ponder.


me
: I have ideas - lots of them
Philip: ok
me: and they're all floating around
everywhere
I need a pensieve

-------

me: how bad is it for the cats, do you think, if their food is laced with Nesquik?

-------

me: this candy I made for tonight - so bad for the teeth - but so yummy on the tongue

------
me: Have I mentioned before that I'm a big fan of butt ruffles?
Philip: ;)
I think so
me: ok

-------
me:I'm using a free sample of Crest Whitestrips that we got in the mail and I'm not sure how I feel about them
I keep tasting the bleach and feeling like that's not good - but if it wasn't good it wouldn't be marketed to be left in someone's mouth for a half hour . . . right?

me: um, I think it's slipping off, which I don't think it's supposed to do
especially not since it's the "Advanced Seal" strip

me: btw, I kept the strips on 5 min longer than I was supposed to
Philip: ok
me: so if my teeth fall out, we have to blame it on my losing track of time
:(

-------
me: http://balletoklahoma.com/performances.html
They'll be performing The Wizard of Oz at the end of March
sigh
I want to go to a ballet

-------
me: I forgot to ask what cereal you wanted this week, and I forgot my cell, so I just guessed - but I'm glad I got what I did because while unloading the groceries I realized . . .
you get a free racecar in your cinnamon toast crunch!

-------
me: you know the woman in the guiness book with the longest fingernails?
(I remember seeing her in a special on TLC or something like that)
Philip: Yes... she and I have tea every second thursday
:P
me: shut up
Philip: What about her ;)
me: she lost her fingernails in a car crash
they hadn't been cut since 1979
Philip: Wow
I'd be sad, but seriously... that's just gross
me: it's really gross, but if you think about it from her perspective, that has to be pretty devastating
it's her claim to fame, she's lived with those nails for THIRTY years
it's like losing a friend
I would imagine


Yes, we're quite profound. I'll bet some of you are sad I don't keep you entertained while you're at work. I'll bet.

3 comments:

  1. You guys are funny. Inside jokes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was very interesting! lol I want to go to the ballet too... but it isn't Jon's thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gmail chat with Mike while I'm at work and he's home from school. And I totally heard about the lady with the fingernails, too! BLEH!

    ReplyDelete