07 January 2010

What's for Dinner?

I'm so excited about what we're having for dinner tonight in the face of this quite chilly January weather, I thought I'd share the recipe with you. I created this recipe last year and, quite honestly, was pretty proud of it. So . . . here it is for all to enjoy:

Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew

1-1.5 lb. cubed beef
1 can tomato soup
3 c. water
3 beef bouillon cubes
1/3 c. flour
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 bag mixed veggies

Put everything in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.

Now, the wonderful thing about this recipe is its versatility - as with most stews. Just put in what you have. I don't think I put in a full pound of beef, but no problem, I supplemented with potatoes, which I did not have in last time but am looking forward to. Also, we were low on frozen veggies that I wanted to put in our stew (although last time I used carrots, green beans, cauliflower and broccoli - yes ANYTHING!), so I used canned green beans from my grandma-in-law's garden, frozen corn and half a yellow onion (the other half was not lookin' so pretty).

So . . . that's what we'll be eating tonight . . . and I am very much looking forward to it - well, that and the wonderful aroma I'll get to enjoy all afternoon. I love slow cookers, although I don't use mine as often as I should.

Anyway, hope you all find your own ways to stay warm tonight! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment