22 October 2008

I'm sorry, Lord

I'm sorry Lord
I find myself inactive,
Immobile
Day after day,
Week after week,
It's all the same
I say I want more
I want to serve you,
I want purpose
I want adventure
All in Your Name
I pray
I pray for Your guidance
That You would show me Your will for me
But I know Your will for me
I've known if for some time now
I avoid it
Find other things to do
Make excuses

Don't get me wrong
I want to do that
To reach for that future You have laid out for me
But I'm scared
I know what You want from me
But I don't know what You'll do with it
If I ever give You what You want
So I tell myself I'll do it
When I get around to it
But my mind wanders
And like Cinderella, I toil
I make lists
I find tasks
And it seems this ball
To which You have invited me
Is ever out of my reach
One more task away, one more day
I have made sure to keep it so
I do not want to dance alone
To be in the spotlight
Into which You may place me

So I lay in bed
I close my eyes
I tell myself
Tomorrow
Tomorrow I'll do what God has asked
Sorry, Lord
Sorry I didn't get to that today
But tomorrow, Lord
Tomorrow I'll be Yours
You're only a day away
You're always a day away

No comments:

Post a Comment