14 October 2008

A slight correction

I must confess: my most wonderful, not-slacker-dad of a husband was quite appalled at the previous post wherein I implied he was unwilling to help between the hours of 11pm and 7am, so I must clarify. He is most obliging should I ask for help. However, as he has to be at work at 8 in the morning and I have the freedom to return to sleep after he heads to work, I do the middle of the night shifts by myself - so as to allow him to sleep. Having said that, he has now fed our precious baby girl at 5am both evenings this past weekend so his beautiful wife may have a slightly longer stretch of uninterrupted slumber - uninterrupted at this point in our lives only equating to the fact that I do not have to get out of bed when my body begs me not to move.

In addition to aiding with weekend morning feedings, my husband has, in other ways, proven to be a quite amazing father and husband all-around. He will, for example, offer to fix whatever I had planned for dinner if it is quite obvious I am not up to the task. He changes diapers whenever he is home from work (I figure between my night changings and all-day-long changings, it's a fair deal). He can pick out an adorable baby outfit - and change her into it. He's better at cuddling with her than I am, by far. He, in fact, loves to hold her and is quite her favorite playmate, even at only one-month-old (her, not him).

My husband is, I would have to say, from my most humbly biased opinion, the most natural-born father I have ever met. And I love him. And, yes, ladies, he is, most assuredly, MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment