10 October 2008

Things I've Learned

Things I've learned as a Mommy . . .

  • Sleep is a lot more meaningful when it comes in increments longer than 4 hours (although, don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to get more than one hour at a time . . . I know I am blessed for this.)
  • I'm pretty much a single mom between the hours of 11pm and 7am.
  • Changing a diaper in the dark is not as hard as it sounds.
  • Poop isn't on one's hand somehow doesn't feel as gross when it comes from your own baby - who, let's face it, was swimming around in my bodily fluids for 9 months - I guess I owe it to her.
  • A baby's head won't fall off if you fail to support it with your hand. They don't even seem to get whiplash, surprisingly enough. (Although, for the record, I AM in favor of head support - I'm just saying failure to do so will not end the world or your baby's head.)
  • A baby on a schedule = the most blessed creation in the world
  • A baby asleep on your chest = the most precious feeling in all the world
  • Babies really are slippery when wet - it's not just an over-used warning.
  • Letting a baby fall asleep in her swing is not going to ruin her for the rest of your life . . . and she will still sleep in her crib at night.
I know there's more, but, let's face it . . . I'm a little too sleep-deprived to much more thought into it than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment