11 May 2010

Retro Tuesday (or Whatever)

I have to admit, I think it's kind of fun when people have themes for their blogging days. Like, "Wordless Wednesday" and you just know that every Wednesday you'll see a picture. Predictability. It's nice.

But it's not really me.

I'm not such a big fan of being confined to a box or thinking, wow, that would be perfect for Wordless Wednesday - but then having to wait until Wednesday - just not fun.

So, here I am, going through posts from my good old xanga days (which basically document my entire Senior Year of college - sigh - good times) in order to archive them for the future. And I want to share.

So here we go down Memory Lane. I'll re-post some of my favorites whenever I find one I like. And I'll do it on whatever day of the week I darn well please. Because this is my blog. And I can do that.

Up first:
"Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Have you ever noticed that driving is like a dance? It's something I've always marvelled at. I find it so relaxing to just get on the highway and go and be all alone in my car, and yet, strangely connected to everyone else on the road. Where are they going? Do they take this same drive every day, or is this path taking them somewhere new? Is that guy with his car filled to the brim moving toward something great or is he just glad to finally get away from whatever it is he's leaving behind? Whatever reason we all find ourselves on the road, there we are, connected for a brief moment in time. Have you ever thought about it? As previously mentioned, it's always appeared to me kind of like a dance: slowing down, speeding up, merging right, or left, each car expertly maneuvering around the others to find himself where he's most comfortable, at the speed he's most comfortable. And then, of course, there's always that idiot with no rhythm that just can't dance to save his life, messing up everyone else. But besides that guy, it's all just a beautiful thing to me. And thus it relaxes me.

And I'm sure none of this makes any sense to you. I'm sure you find it all very disturbing. I'm sorry. I'll shut up now

'All the world's a stage/And all the men and women merely players' - William Shakespeare"

No comments:

Post a Comment