12 August 2012

Of Celebrating Six Months

Happy Birthday to our little boy who turned 1/2 a year old today!  Pull out the party hats!

It's been a wild six months, but I definitely enjoy having this little guy around.

Six months ago he was snuggled in my arms as I knelt on my bedroom floor.  I held his warm little body close, climbed into bed and never wanted to let go.  Today, it's all I can do to keep him in my lap while he eats, as he arches his back to see everything around him.  If he's not eating, sitting still to snuggle is hardly his favorite activity.  

At six months our little man is sitting up and wriggling around the floor.  He likes to spin in circles when he's laying on his belly, grasping at anything within arm's reach to put straight in his tiny mouth.  He will chew on anything and everything he can get to and the radius of what he can get to increases daily.

The other day, at the drive-in, he lay on his belly in the back of the SUV, he pushed his feet against the wall of the car to pull his knees up under him and shoved his elbows forward to gain a few inches.  It was impressive and a big step toward mobility.  Sure, when he's not pushing himself against something he's not so good at putting weight on those chubby knees, but still, Momma's proud.

So grateful for what time has brought us.

1,000 Gifts:
759. Pulling shoes on little feet.
760. Creating a to-do list
761. An adventurous and understanding husband
762. Abundant food

Photo of the Day:


Whole 30 - Day 5:
Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with Salsa, Banana
Lunch: Celery with Almond Butter, small serving of Chunky Apple Chicken Salad, Cherries
Dinner: Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole, Clementine
Evening Snack: Small serving of the above casserole

Worst Part of Today: The severe temptation to just grab a bowl of cereal when my belly was rumbling later in the evening.
Best Part of Today: Realizing I really don't miss some of the things I used to think necessary, like cheese or a breading in egg casserole (or even just cheese on my salad).

No comments:

Post a Comment