03 December 2010

Of Animals

When I entered Micaiah's room to retrieve her from her nap this afternoon I heard a distinct "Moo".  This is the conversation that followed:

Me: "Did you just moo at me?"
Micaiah: "Cow - Mooo.  Annie [this is our cat] - Nyow, Nyow.  Puppy - Arf, Arf.  (Grunt) Pig - (Grunt, Grunt [she's very good at an authentic oink])."
Me [seeing the stuffed monkey in her bed]: "What does a monkey say?"
Micaiah: . . .
Me: "A monkey says 'ooh, ooh'."
[Emmett babbles in the other room]
Micaiah: "Emmett!"
Me: "What does Emmett say?"
Micaiah: . . . "Emmett Monkey - Oooh, ooh!"

So there you have it - Emmett is a monkey.  I knew he must have been some sort of animal because I still have three distinct sets of teeth marks in my arm (just two tiny red dashes for each set - like an adorable little vampire) that indicate he is gaining an affinity for human flesh.  I just had no idea he was some sort of carnivorous primate.  Oh the things my children teach me.

PS I'm very excited today to know that the Family Force 5 Christmas album is currently on its way to my mailbox thanks to a free CD I had stored up with my music club (yes, I know I'm about the only person in this country still purchasing CD's).  Which means soon I will be listening to the following as I cruise around town with my windows open in our near 70 degree December weather:




Now if that doesn't just say Christmas Spirit, I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment