12 December 2010

Of Being Naughty or Nice

Naughty:

Tonight, before laying Emmett down for bed, Philip and I prayed over him as we do every night.  During the prayer, however, I tried to sneak a little baby kiss.  Lips puckered, I leaned toward Emmett's chubby cheek.  And my not-quite-six-month-old son pulled away and ducked his head against his daddy's neck.  And here I thought I surely had a good five years at least before my son was too old for mommy kisses.  Sad day.

Nice:

While visiting the potty at a friend's birthday party this afternoon, I tried to keep Micaiah entertained by watching her in the full-length mirror across from the toilet (seriously?  who designs something like that?!).  I pointed to her reflection and said, "Who's that pretty girl?"  Her response: "Mommy!"

We can clearly see who won the favorite child competition today.

No comments:

Post a Comment