02 February 2011

Of Bath-Time Buddies, Volume Two

Despite the glances of pity or the incredulous inquiries of, "How do you do it with two?" I've received from friends who are either great with their second child (and we have many who fit into this category) or are too scared to try, I'll say this here and now (it's the same answer I give in person), it's absolutely the best.  The transportation or even getting-out-the-door issues involved with having two children aged two and under are entirely outweighed by the countless awe-inducing moments of watching my babies delight in one another.

Tonight was another such moment.

We have finally reached the short window of childhood wherein our kids get to have a real-life bath-time buddy.  That's right, Emmett has graduated from the company of his own reflection and now has the pleasure of sitting in his Bumbo, kicking his sister's knee and chewing on any rubber duckies or bath books she offers.  Splashing each other is a favorite (which, to be honest, is what brought Emmett to this point - I'd rather he splash his bathing sister rather than give me a premature shower from the confines of his infant tub - but that's just my preference).

Thus, to those who fear having more than one or even having two closer together, just know that right now my kids are best friends, and I'll take that over arriving at church on-time on a consistent basis any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment