09 February 2011

Of Stepping Stones

Emmett is moving his mobilization routine out of the crib and has begun hinting at a desire to be more active as he plays on the floor.  Today I even saw him inch his little knee along (though I would hardly call it an actual crawl, it was the closest yet).  I get both excited and nervous at the thought of my little mover and shaker literally moving and shaking.  On the one hand, crawling is a big milestone and those are always exciting.  On the other hand, I'm not precisely looking forward to actually having to keep up pace with two little ones scurrying about.  I still like being able to set my baby down and knowing where to find him later.  I suppose either way it's not up to me.  And this little boy will be moving along before we realize what hit us.


Today's Bonus Feature:  Our daughter has quite the funny bone.  This is the joke she made up all by herself yesterday:

"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"It's me, Micaiah!"

I like her a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment