11 July 2010

Like a Weed

I cannot believe how fast my little boy is growing up. It makes me sad that his "Newborn" onesies are already tight on him. Truthfully, that's partially because the cloth diapers he's started wearing since his cord fell off tend to give him a ghetto booty and fill out those little bodysuits a little quicker than his mom-inherited non-booty typically would. But even so, he's growing up. He slept in his own room last night for the very first time and rocked the crib like a champ. And this morning he joined all of his future friends in the church nursery for the first time. Such a big boy!

Now that I actually have to get out of bed to feed him at night, I was thinking at 2:30 this morning that maybe it's about time I invested in a Slanket (the high class Snuggie) because it's a little chilly in the house at that time and getting a blanket over my shoulders while juggling a baby in my lap just doesn't work for me. I realized, though, that not wanting to smother my child, I would probably have to wear the Slanket backwards - it would mostly be for my arms anyway. At that point it donned on me - hey that's what the rest of the world calls a robe. So maybe, rather than spending a chunk of change on a blanket that makes me look like a cultist, I should just pull my plush robe out of the back of the closet. There's 2:30am thinking for you.

And this post is 11:45pm typing for you, so I think it's about time to call it quits. Night, all.

1 comment:

  1. "hey that's what the rest of the world calls a robe" - love it!

    ReplyDelete