31 July 2010

She Got Cot

We're visiting Philip's Nenaw and Papaw this weekend. To prepare for the trip, Micaiah spent the week napping in her newly acquired travel cot (so she could have a place to sleep now that she's been ousted from the Pack n' Play by a certain younger brother). I have to say, she's quite the fan. She actually began approaching me with, "I want nap." Now, that could be because we've taken to pushing her nap time back by an hour and the poor little girl is just worn out, but it was fun to watch her eagerly climb onto her cot every day. And thanks to our also newly acquired video monitor, I was able to swiftly teach her not to get out of bed when it's time to nap and, thus, I also got to watch her obediently sit on her cot reading when she would awake from her slumber, simply waiting for me to come retrieve her. I really like that girl.

Now, don't misunderstand, my child is nowhere near perfect. Yesterday, for example, after an hour of constantly reminding her it was time to "night night" while sternly plucking a book, shoe, headband or cash register from her hand, she was finally thrown (almost literally with the frustration I had) into her crib with distractions out of arm's reach (and she finally slept), only a half hour before Daddy came home so we could head out of town. Sigh.

But I promise, I really like that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment