20 July 2010

Today . . .

Pro: Emmett woke only at 3:30am and 7:30am to eat.

Con: When he was finished with his 7:30 feeding I had to expend every ounce of energy in my being (which isn't much at that time of the morning) to get my booty out of bed in order to get the three of us out the door on time for my doctor's appointment.

Pro: Despite getting out the door ten minutes late I did not forget one solitary thing - which means I had Micaiah ready to hang out with Daddy at work, complete with breakfast (milk, cereal and banana), DVD Player (and DVD), crayons, paper, and even her diapers (and wipes) - we got Micaiah dropped off and Emmett and I were actually in the doctor's office on time!

Con: The doctor was not in his office on time - which means Little Man and I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half - straight through to his next feeding.

Pro: My not forgetting anything as I ran out the door included remembering to bring a bottle for Emmett, just in case.

Con: When I finally emerged from the clinic at exactly two hours after my appointment time, hubby was not so ecstatic to have missed out on so much critical work time (understandably so as he's been working overtime - nights and weekends - for the past week) due to a rambunctious toddler in his office.

Pro: The afternoon went much more smoothly - I even got some work done around the house while Micaiah napped. And hubby even got home before 7pm and we were able to go for dinner out thanks to random money in the mail today.

Con: I may or may not have had an emotional breakdown after spending $30 on a dinner (which I had suggested) that was neither remarkable nor stress-free, crying that if we were going to splurge we could have put our random money toward something a little more exciting than a mediocre meal.

Pro: Philip gave me a really good hug when we got home and let me cry all I needed (which I may or may not have taken advantage of).

Con: We didn't get the lawn mowed.

Pro: Philip and I snuggled on the couch and watched a movie of my choice - and he also gave Emmett a manicure so I would stop getting scratched while he ate.

Con: Emmett's right pointer finger may have turned out a little worse for the wear after the aforementioned manicure.

Pro: Emmett went to bed quickly after eating without even a peep, I got a shower, and now I get to go to sleep.

Sigh. Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment