15 September 2010

Of Making Snapshots

Today, amidst the horrible rantings and rebellion a two-year-old can bring, I had one of those beautiful moments.

I took a nap.

But what was better than my half hour nap on the loveseat, was watching my son - my precious, ginormous-yet-tiny, nearly-three-month-old son - laying on his tummy on a quilt in the middle of the living room, under the light of the mid-day sun streaming through the back window, his hair haphazardly parted and his lips forming that adorable pout babies get when they rest their cheek on the floor.  Before I closed my own eyes I took a mental snapshot (although, unlike Cam Jansen, I did not feel the need to audibly "Click" - that's just unnecessary, Cam) - this was an image I wanted to hold on to forever.  Because they just grow up too fast.

1 comment: