08 September 2010

Of Sleeping Hard

My son must be growing today.  Whereas yesterday he wouldn't nap for the life of him, today he napped from 1:30pm, straight through is 2:00(ish) feeding on until 4:00 in the afternoon - at which point he still hadn't indicated he was hungry, but I noticed him squirming and trying, with closed eyes, to gnaw on his own fists.  Thus, I decided it was time to let him eat, rather than wait for my son to resort to cannibalism.

Currently, he is napping in his car seat, where he has been ever since his Daddy brought him home from church at 7:45pm (it's 9:03).  I'm not sure what's in the milk these days, but I promise I'm not doping him (at least not on purpose).

But I'm a little happy about the napping - let's call this a good day.

On a similar note, my children may be earning their sleeping skills from their father who tends to sleep like a rock.  There is very little which will stir him from his slumber - no thunderstorms nor babies crying can rock his sleeping core.  And if, by chance, I can nudge him awake in the midst of my dire need (say a baby who needs changing when Mommy is too tired to do so), it takes a lot of will power for him to pull his half-dozing self out from under the covers.

Yet this morning, while slipping back into the bedroom when Emmett finished eating around 5am, I walked right into the half-unpacked suitcase resting at the foot of our bed and did an all-out face plant into the luggage and the carpet.  Guess who was on his feet within seconds aiding me in gaining stability on my own sore toes?  That would be my wonderfully loving husband.

At least I know he's there in case of a true emergency :)

1 comment: