25 November 2010

Of Family Time

While I didn't enjoy the mind-boggling debate about with whom to celebrate this year's round of holidays, I've come to a thankful moment on this Thanksgiving: I am thankful that we have the kind of family we actually look forward to spending time with.  We don't have a side of the family we dread or try to avoid. 

Our family spent today with Philip's extended family and Micaiah loved spending her evening chasing her second cousins around Nenaw's kitchen and using her dragon face to "scare" her daddy's cousin into hiding under the coffee table.

And I loved watching her play with ones she loved and who love her, even if they don't see each other much more than once or twice a year.

And I loved knowing that in about a month she'll be chasing around my sister's children and doting on my brother's first child (only three months younger than Emmett) - who she'll be seeing for the first time.  She may be turning the dragon on her uncle Andy and snuggling with her Grandma and Grandpa.

I am thankful for our family.  None of us are perfect and our families have conflicts, but in the end, we're family and we truly enjoy spending time together - and for that, I give thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I give thanks for my amazing children and their even more amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have been there, so I could have loved on Michaiah and Emmett, seen her "dragon" face :-) and watch her run around with the other girls.
    We love and miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete