19 November 2010

Of Ramblings

If you notice, I've moved towards lists a lot lately - it would appear my days are getting less profound and more just series of events.  But I suppose that's what we're all about - a series of events strung together to make life.

So today . . .

- Our dryer received a new heating element for the THIRD time in as many years.  Which is funny considering I remember my mom having the same washer and dryer set nearly my whole life and never seeing an appliance repair-person in my home . . . apparently they just don't make things the way they used to.

- Micaiah and I colored home-printed Dora coloring sheets - and I realized I should probably save myself money on coloring books until my daughter understands what lines are, let alone how to stay in them.

- Before coloring, Micaiah drew a very precise picture of Dora, Boots and Backpack - well, at least that's what she said it was.  To the untrained eye (which apparently mine is) it appeared as three sets of swirls in varying sizes.  Adorable nonetheless.

- My daughter wore one pair of underwear all day.  Trust me, this is HUGE.

- I threatened my husband with bodily injury should he allow our child to see him pull cookies from the cookie jar.  If she doesn't know where they come from, she has no direction toward which to aim her begging (such as pointing at the fridge and whining when she wants milk, etc.).

- Emmett napped for three hours in the morning.  I assume it's because he woke up earlier than usual.  Either way, it was nice and scary all at the same time (checking for any semblance of movement on the video monitor became a regular activity in that short amount of time).

- When Emmett was screaming because he didn't like being on his belly and couldn't roll over at the moment, Micaiah stepped in all by herself and played with him to calm him down.  Tickles and giggles always smooth things over.

- Later, before bed, after she gave him a sweet kiss, she found his paci laying next to his head and placed it nicely in his mouth.

Those two kids are the best part of every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment