07 November 2010

Of Late-Night Shopping

Two months ago my grandma broke her wrist.  When returning from the hospital early in the morning, my parents made a quick pit-stop at Walgreens to pick up her prescriptions for pain . . . and apparently quite a few other things - among them, a Nebraska cheerleader doll for Micaiah, a Cornhusker Sippie Cup for Emmett and a musical toy for my grandma to use as a summoning mechanism in the middle of the night.  While revealing his purchases, he declared excitedly, "You'll never believe what they sell at Walgreen's at 2 o'clock in the morning!"

I totally get it now.

No, I wasn't at the pharmacy at two o'clock in the morning, but I did recently return from Wal-Mart at midnight - and I might have gone a little crazy.  But when they have uber-cute dresses (and men's dress shirts) clearanced for $1 and remnant Halloween make-up kits and pirate costumes marked down by 90%, who can really resist?  Especially when you're out shopping without the kids and have no time-limit (other than the fact that it's midnight - minor details).

Lesson learned: budgeting defenses apparently shut down between the hours of 12-5am.

No comments:

Post a Comment