21 November 2010

Of Silliness

I really was just going to do one solid blog today - one topic and that's it.  Not just another list.  And then today happened and there were just too many great moments to limit myself . . .

Should I talk about how Micaiah literally fell in the toilet when I forgot to put her special toddler insert in?  I honestly was cracking up while feeling bad for her at the same time.  But you try not to laugh the next time you see a surprised two-year-old folded in half inside your toilet (you'll feel ok to chuckle after you remind yourself that she hasn't actually done anything in the toilet yet, so, although her dress is soaked, it's relatively clean water).

Or what about Emmett spitting up on my face?  That's what I get for being silly with my son and letting him lay on my chest while I make faces at him.  At least he spewed his contents during a brief moment when I had my mouth shut.  Still, a shower felt necessary when I couldn't get the wet, sticky mess out of the crevices of my nose or my hair (where it had dripped off of my cheeks).

But then there was the moment before dinner when Micaiah found a sippy cup from yesterday sitting among the dirty dishes waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher and didn't understand that two-day-old milk isn't very appetizing.  She realizes it now.  Trust me.  The sounds emitting from her were similar to a cat trying to rid themselves of a hairball.  I think, though, that she's over it.

Later Micaiah showed us that she is, in fact, a hoss.  I made this discovery when I looked at the wall next to our entertainment center and noticed her ENTIRE toy box (ie, a storage ottoman filled with toys) was missing.  When asked where it went she simply replied, "I push," while demonstrating for us the arm motions required for the action.  She never ceases to astound me.

Finally, while Emmett and Daddy snuggled on the couch, she climbed up, too, and handed Emmett her pink bouncy ball.  When he did nothing more than try to chew it (through his paci), she took it back, demonstrated how to throw it, and returned it to her brother.  He still didn't seem to comprehend, so she went through the process of teaching him to toss the ball once more, and did it a third time when he continued to stare at her blankly with the ball in his hand.  She's such a wonderful sister.

So there you have it.  Life around here just gets more exciting every day.

2 comments:

  1. love it...that sounds like an entertaining day. Thanks for sharing...I got a good laugh at picturing Micaiah folded up in the toilet appendages flying around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is: where WAS the toybox??

    ReplyDelete