14 November 2010

Of a Servant's Heart

My daughter is following in the footsteps of Jesus.  Considering she spent the evening hugging the tiny Matrushka version of Baby Jesus, I suppose she's simply learning quickly.

This evening, as it was time for bedtime kisses, she came to find me feeding her brother on the couch.  My feet were propped up and she stopped short on her way to find me to point and say, "Yucky."  Yes, I know that although I just cleaned my floors on Thursday they're never as clean as they should be and, yes, I know that as I rarely wear socks, my feet are often gray-ish by the end of the day (TMI, maybe, but important for the story, so let's move on).  Having my two-year-old daughter question my hygiene?  Not the best part of my day.

But what follows caused me to erupt with giggles, despite my daughter's chastising.  She then declared, "I wash", grabbed for the closest piece of cloth she could grasp, which happened to be her brother's tiny sock, and diligently wiped her mommy's "yucky" heel (which, as it turned out, had a tiny bit of paper stuck to it which caused the entire episode).  Satisfied that all was right in her OCD world, she gave Mommy and Emmett hugs and kisses and headed off to bed.

Washing the feet of others already?  My daughter is a true servant.

1 comment:

  1. That's just awesome! Think of what a helper she's going to be around the house in a few short years:)

    ReplyDelete