13 November 2010

Please Forgive My Absence

I was sick yesterday and, thus, did not have much brain for updating my blog.  This is what I would have written, had I been coherent . . .

I'm not feeling very well today.  Or, to put it as I did when talking with my husband, "I feel yucky." 

It's funny how when I'm feeling sick, laying in my bed, listening to my children playing with Gram and Grandy in the living room (I'm not sure how I would have survived today without them - SO grateful they happened to be in town while I was sick, even though it did not so much make for a great visit), the only thing I want, more than Gatorade or saltines or a Rolaid is a snuggle from those two little precious ones.  Unfortunately for the sake of germs and whatnot it's the one thing I shouldn't have.  But somehow it just seems that one little head of curls nestled against my cheek and a chubby little butterball tucked in my arm will just make the world seem a much better place.

Until, of course, that little butterball starts squirming and the curly-headed snuggler decides a bounce or two (or five) on the bed would be just what she needs.  At that point they can certainly be whisked away to let Mama sleep.

A child's cuddle (or even just the dream of one) is the heart's best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment