28 January 2011

Of Airing Out

I really like the Auto-Fill feature on most internet browsers.  Mine gives me the opportunity to avoid repeating blog titles.  I had to try three times this evening before I came up with an original thought - well, I suppose the others might be original to me, but apparently I haven't changed much in the past couple of months.

Today, as you'll note at the top of the post, is January 28.  And it felt darn-near like spring-time.  In fact, our not-so-tiny-anymore tree in the front yard has been tricked.  It's sporting some adorably soft buds.  The poor thing will be sad when wintry temperatures return next week.  It's going to feel downright duped.

But we won't.

While we spread our spring-like wings today, letting Micaiah have a grand time with her sidewalk chalk (branding the aforementioned tree with her own genre of art, in lieu of being able to climb it - but not for want of trying), and taking a family walk in the dimming evening light, we knew we were stealing moments - a brief glimpse of warmth to top off the tank before we hustle back inside and bundle ourselves up in preparation for February and all it has to offer.

We're just grateful for the all-too-short interlude, a chance to air ourselves out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment