14 January 2011

Of Date Night

I went on a date tonight.

And my husband was nice enough to baby-sit while I did ;)

No, I don't have a new boyfriend (Philip and I don't have that kind of "open relationship"), rather I asked my sister-in-law on a coffee date to celebrate her first week of serving as an intern in OBU's Campus Ministry office.  Only she only actually served about a half a week and our coffee date turned into a dinner date which, as it turns out, was really just a coffee date that left us both hungry (if you're interested in trying the new Sips on Main Street, just know they offer lunch, but not so much dinner - although their cupcakes looked wonderful).  And the coffee-turned-dinner-turned-coffee date became a coffee-turned-dinner-turned-coffee-and-a-movie date.

And while I was supposed to be the one treating her in honor of her first official job since graduation, it also turns out that our two chosen locations were cash only.  Therefore I now owe my sister-in-law $12 (or $11 if I'm being rude and making her pay the extra $1 for upgrading to the large drinks I chose, neither of which were actually finished, thereby making the $1 useless - but as it was my mistake, I can hardly deduct this from my tab) for the date I offered to take her on.

In essence, had this been an actual date, especially a first date, it would have gone terribly wrong.  It's a good thing we're all friends here and we can just chalk it up to a fun, adventurous night on the town - the crazy, hoppin' town of Shawnee.  And hey, at least I opened her door for her after the movie.  That would have scored me points, right?

It's a good thing I'm not a guy.  I'd still be single.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it sounds like your "date" had a good time. And this aunt would love to hang out with both of you for an evening like that. I can hardly wait to see you two and the rest of the family. We will be in OK in less than two months!!

    ReplyDelete