05 August 2010

Growing Up

Our little girl is growing up. And it's so hard to believe.

This evening we went out to eat. And she sat in a booster chair. Not a high chair, a booster chair - she wasn't even strapped in! And she did just fine, as we knew she would. And she drank water from her own cup with a straw. Not that she hadn't done that before, but we didn't even have to cut her straw down for her - just popped it in and she took over - didn't even spill (except for when she was being difficult toward the end and did so on purpose).

Then we came home to put her to bed. I pulled out pants that I was just sure were way too long for her but they were in her drawer and they were p.j.'s so it didn't much matter. But they fit. A little extra at the bottom, but not nearly as much as I'd expected.

After story time, we prayed together, as usual, and then my little girl, who just seems all grown up climbed in, by herself, to her newly converted toddler bed. She doesn't have a crib anymore. I won't walk in to find her standing at her railing, arms outstretched just waiting to be rescued. Now, she'd better stay in her bed until I come to get her anyway, but she'll just be sitting there. And when I walk in she'll scramble out of bed all on her very own.

What a big girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, she is a big girl and the years will go by so quickly. My baby girl is 31 years old and it seems just yesterday that she was toddling around. Blessings to you for a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete