21 August 2010

Packing Up

Philip's cousin is getting married today, which means we had to pack to leave town again.  And by "we" I mean "I." Because as helpful as a toddler who likes to scatter stacks of clothes and an infant who likes to wake up and cry sporadically during naptime can be, for some reason it still just feels like I do it all myself. 

The last time we left town, I perfected a method of getting clothes for all four of us, a bag of toiletries for the adults, diapers and wipes for the babies and a phone charger all in one duffel bag.  I was pretty proud of that.  Until I remembered Philip's extra pair of shoes, my pump, Micaiah's toys, books for entertainment, and the portable DVD player.  On top of that there's the Pack n' Play, portable cot, diaper bag, purse, stroller, water cup for Micaiah, water bottle for me, milk bottle for Emmett and snacks.

For a weekend away.  And a measly two-hour road trip.

Life just doesn't seem as simple as it used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment