02 August 2010

Weighing In

Because I don't trust my eyesight (which has been in sore need of a visit to the optometrist for a good four years now) to accurately interpret the tiny tick-marks of our traditional bathroom scale (we're too cheap for any of those fancy-schmancy digital affairs), I resort to weighing my children on our Wii Fit Balance Board. Now, don't ask me how we're too cheap for a $20-30 digital scale and yet own the much more expensive Wii Fit - just trust that it makes sense to us (and the latter was a gift, so there!).

Now, the Wii and I have had our differences, stemming from the fact that it cheerfully and, yet, rudely labeled me as obese the entire time I was pregnant with Micaiah. With every situation of the arrogant machine asking me why I thought I may have gained weight since our last session, I tried in vain to find the button with the option, "I'm with child, you ignorant piece of technology!"

But we've moved past that. Promise.

Today, my 279th day since the last time I took it's mocking, the Wii was sorely disappointed to see that I have gained 15 lbs since my last visit - again, I would fail in any attempt to explain my weight as the result of having recently given birth. The fact that I feel the need to justify myself to a mere video game is another matter entirely.

So, once we got past the shaking of the virtual head and the embarrassment of being told that maybe I should aim for smaller, more attainable goals next time (no joke, this is the humiliation to which a pregnant woman attempting to lose that baby weight is subjected by the makers of Wii Fit - thanks!), I was able to actually weigh my son (at least it's smart enough to work that kind of math).

Turns out, my baby boy weighs 14 lbs!

Or so says the Wii Fit.

1 comment:

  1. Darn those snarky video games! But I'm glad you finally got to weigh your 14-pounder! Must be a good eater:)

    ReplyDelete