22 August 2010

Home Sweet Home

While I know our daughter loves seeing family members (all of whom are currently "gmpa", "mommy" or "daddy"), I think she was quite happy to be home this evening.

Although she napped a little in the car, she seemed positively exhausted by the time we made it home this afternoon.  And, yet, when laid down in her bed, she opted not to sleep further - usually a recipe for a cranky disaster.  However, minutes after being rescued from her room, she was bounding around the house with the cutest smile on her face.  True, she was being wildly disobedient, playing with just about everything she's not supposed to (another sign of tiredness), but every time she was scolded, she simply gave me a big smile (not the guilty kind, the "I'm happy to be home where I know the boundaries, even if I don't follow them" kind), returned the item and ran to find the next.

Even when she's disobeying I like that kid (Ok, today anyway).

And Emmett has taken to giggling - not a lot, but every once in awhile there's the tiniest evidence of a giggle that follows his grin.

Love it.

PS  The doctors will work tomorrow (Monday) to finish the surgery begun last Monday on baby Ella's heart.  This will be a long surgery and it is a risky one.  Please be praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment