17 August 2010

When My Baby Smiles

Emmett is finally at the age when he smiles and I believe it's actually on purpose. And I love it! He has the sweetest little dimple in his right cheek which he inherited from his Daddy. As I was buckling him into his car seat this evening he broke out the grins and my heart just melted inside me.

I remembered just how much I love baby smiles.

Now, don't get me wrong, toddler smiles are just fine, but by Micaiah's age I'm more affected by her deep belly laugh and her assertion that, "I you" (she forgets the "love" part, but I know it's implied when she rests her head on my shoulder). But Emmett? His only forms of communication right now are non-verbal (well, besides the crying part, and we all know that's not so much anyone's favorite), so when he breaks out the grin, I know all is right in his world and he's just plain happy to see his Mommy.

And I couldn't be more joyful about that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment