13 August 2010

My Friend, Billy

I'm not gonna lie - every day as I continue to slip into my maternity jeans - the only ones that fit my post-pregnancy body, even now - nearly two months post-pregnancy, I am eager for the day when I can finally zip into, you know, anything else on these hot end-of-summer days in Oklahoma.

Thus, I have resorted to my least favorite activity of all time - working out. Sigh.

And, let's be honest, although I truly enjoy the low-key workout of the weight-prejudiced, pregnancy-unfriendly WiiFit, there are days when that leftover belly flab just needs a little more kick in the rear than a light routine of step-aerobics. Which is when I turn to probably the only purchase of the late-90's that I don't regret - my VHS collection of Tae-Bo.

My favorite thing about Billy Blanks is how encouraging he can be. Even after years of not visiting he never blames me, never says, "Where has your lazy bum been?" or "What do you think the cause for your recent weight gain may have been?" and he most definitely would never tell me, "That's obese!" when looking at my pregnant scale. No, Billy cares. Billy wants me to do what's best for my health, and he knows that a good, strong workout can just plain make you feel good.

So, this morning, as I was dreading carving a half hour out of my morning schedule between sitting Micaiah down for breakfast and Emmett waking up for his morning snack (hoping to squeeze my own bowl of cereal in there somewhere), I was elated to remember that my long-ago ebay investment included an 8-Minute workout. See? I told you Billy understood me.

Thus, for a strong 8 minutes this morning, my body felt toned as my toddler rubber-necked with glee in seeing her momma kick and punch (ok, I'll admit, there might have been a little more fear in those eyes than glee, but we'll pretend) her way back to her smaller size.

After all, Billy says it's important for me to take the time to take care of me. Even if it's only 8 minutes.

Thanks, Billy.

No comments:

Post a Comment