23 October 2010

Of Balding

My poor Emmett man is balding.  It's tough for me after having been so in love with his full head of precious hair since the day he was born.  To me, his spiky little hairs are what define his look and make him appear so clearly as a little boy.  Which is why, as I have attempted to rid him of his flaky scalp issues, I had begun to avoid the problem altogether when I discovered the process was increasing the rate at which is tiny little hairs were releasing from his head.

Last night, however, I could force him to endure his cradle cap no longer and I began, once again, to focus with more intensity on the scales atop his head.  After a bath with dandruff shampoo and a full night of intensive olive oil therapy, I almost wanted to cry as I combed out the flakes, watching one or two hairs detach from his scalp with every flake successfully pulled into his comb. 

Along with the aforementioned issues, he has also begun to form the typical bald spot located on the back of his skull from so much time spent laying - especially recently as his current favorite activities are badgering the toy lion which hangs from his play gym and kicking at the fish which activate the lights and music on his bouncy seat.  This rear bald spot has also extended to the sides of his head as he apparently enjoys looking from side to side as well.  Now, don't get me wrong, he doesn't appear as freakish as it may sound here - he still has hair, adorable hair, just not as much as he once did.  When combing his hair now I feel like I'm performing the comb-over of  middle-aged man.

He's just growing up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment