05 October 2010

Of Divas

My daughter is a brat.

I just had to get that out there.  I love her, don't get me wrong, but she can be such a punk.  Take, for example, her treatment of her loving Aunt Dayla.  When Aunt "Dee-ya" has been here and leaves while Micaiah is sleeping (just a theoretical), Micaiah will wake from her nap, come running out of her room with glee on her face shouting, "Dee-ya!" and then, upon not finding her, will ask sadly, "Where Dee-ya?  I wan Dee-ya."  So sweet, says you?  You're right, that is sweet.

What's NOT sweet is what happens when Aunt Dee-ya actually comes over for her next visit:

Dayla: "Hey, Micaiah!" (arms open wide for a hug)
Micaiah: NO!!! (runs away angrily)
Me: "Go show Aunt Dayla your fun socks!"
Micaiah: "No!  No Dee-ya socks!"

And, thus, Aunt Dayla is treated whenever in Micaiah's presence.  All I can say is excuse my daughter's apparent bi-polar nature.

Now, don't you try to defend my little diva.  You may say she's just upset that Aunt Dayla left while she wasn't looking.  But you would be wrong.  This is how Micaiah acts EVERY time - not just sometimes - EVERY time.  Poor Aunt Dayla has to earn her niece's affection all over again with every visit.

And she's not the only one. 

My daughter, who will say "Hi" to any stranger she meets in the grocery store will run away and hide from a friendly face at church that greets her first.  She, apparently, does not like being approached - she must first approach you. 

So, what we're learning here is: bi-polar and high-maintenance.

It's a good thing she's cute.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. For the record you do have a wonderful daughter even if she isn't so sure about me all the time.

    ReplyDelete