17 October 2010

Of Building Vocabulary

The newest sign of growing up in our little toddler is her vastly improving speech which seems to be growing exponentially.  It seems just last week she was mostly just repeating what she heard.  And yet today, while Aunt Dayla visited, rather than saying "I wan hug" she ran to her aunt, arms wide open saying, "Give me a hug!".  Her "I you" has evolved to "I lull you" (still not quite "love" but at least we're no longer omitting the word altogether).  She responds to "Night night" with "Good night, Daddy!  Good night, Mommy!"

Every day I'm understanding her wants, desires and whines with just that much more clarity.  And that spitfire personality is also beginning to blare all the more.  We're going to have our hands full!

Oh, who am I kidding?  We already do.

In Emmett's world, Daddy held him by the hands today while he moved his feet forward, one by one, in a stepping motion - walking his way into his sister's room.  Of course, he has a long way to go before actually being able to support himself on those chubby little things, but he definitely seemed like such a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment