19 October 2010

Of an Ordinary Family

This evening, I paused while watching No Ordinary Family (an interesting show and the only one we actually watch at this point) to look around and note that we are, in fact, an ordinary family.  With Micaiah in my lap wearing her favorite Dora the Explorer nightgown (with Boots the monkey, of course!) sorting out her wooden puzzle pieces, matching the letters of the alphabet to their spot on the board while I encourage her and remind her, once again, that it's a "duck" not a "chicken", and Emmett sitting in Philip's lap, being teased as Daddy pulls his knuckle in and out of his mouth, letting him gum it here and there and, of course, the little guy gets a kick out of it. 

Yep, we're an ordinary family.  And I love it.

And speaking of the aforementioned Dora, a highlight of my day: watching Micaiah yell at the T.V. screen, "Salta, Boots, salta!"  And jumping as she said it.  If you understand why that made me smile, we should be friends - or I guess we already are if you're reading this.

On a side note: Emmett had his latest check-up today - 18lbs, 4oz and 26.5 inches long.  That's my big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment