16 October 2010

Of Being Alone

Philip has been gone for most of the day being a boy and having a grand time with some good friends of his.  As he doesn't get much guy-time, I was happy to give him up for the day but wondered what I would do to fill the time - especially considering he took my laptop and, thus, my primary source of entertainment, with him.

His sister did a wonderful job filling the void by keeping me company and giving me a little bit of my own girl time, especially while the kids napped and we enjoyed a chick flick (and, later, some pizza while watching "Rella" - known to those with a wider vocabulary as Cinderella - with a certain little girl).  After she left, though, I just knew I'd be bored.

Turns out, after letting the little ones get some fresh air in the backyard, bathing the potty trainer who pooed all over herself and someone else's child this morning in the nursery, reading said toddler a bedtime story before tucking her in, preparing food for tomorrow's Sunday School function, baking myself a wonderful Molten Lava Cake (the second half of which will soon also be devoured), and feeding the current man of the house while watching yet another chick flick, I find I've spent all the energy stored up in last night's five hours of sleep and I'm quite ready for bed.

Thus, as soon as the credits of the aforementioned film begin rolling this wild party animal is going to bed.

I seem to remember alone time being so much more . . . relaxing before I was sharing it with two small children.  Relaxing, I suppose, but somehow much less fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment