22 October 2010

Of Ruts

For the past four and a half years I have kept our shower stocked with Head & Shoulders shampoo.  My husband insists on it.  He's also rather particular about the type of Head & Shoulders - simply grabbing whatever happens to be in stock/on sale won't do.  Thus, as I've gotten more involved in couponing, I've been saddened over the deals of free shampoo I've either had to pass up or just donate to charity because my poor husband's scalp has special needs that just cannot be satisfied with any bottle of shampoo I pull off the shelf at CVS.  Every once in awhile there is a decent sale on my husband's hair cleanser of choice at which point I stock up - grateful that his precious scalp will not have to suffer the consequences of my free-toiletries-obsession.

Last night, while discussing our son's cradle cap issues that can only be solved with dandruff shampoo (like the Head & Shoulders I have so conveniently kept stocked) and inspecting a few flakes in my own hairline I expressed to Philip my slight concern that our children's scalps have little hope between his dandruff and mine. 

His response: "I don't have dandruff."

Why, then, have I been turning down bottles of free shampoo for the sake of his precious Head & Shoulders?

"Because that's what I've always used."

Men.

1 comment: