Things I learned today . . .
- Micaiah not only has a vague idea of what the word "boyfriend" means - she also apparently has one. If we didn't highly approve of the boy's parents, Philip might be looking into shotguns.
-Two un-interrupted hours while taking advantage of childcare does wonders for the amount of work that can be accomplished in a church library (versus the many interrupted hours I'm typically operating through).
- Emmett really wants to play with a Wii Remote.
- Emmett is not afraid to ride on Daddy's shoulders - hands-free, even - while Micaiah clings for dear life and begs to be put back on solid ground. It would appear boys really are more adventurous - or maybe the multiple battles with gravity she has lost recently have colored her attitude toward heights.
- I am socially awkward (ok, that's not new, but reminders are always great).
- Coupons are only fun if you remember to spend them before they expire.
- Husbands should be allowed in the kitchen in the morning, when they're bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, willing to empty the dishwasher without being asked, but maybe not so much in the evening when the day has taken its toll and the blender isn't cooperating.
- A box that goes "choo choo" will always be more fun than going to bed.