08 May 2011

Of Mother's Day Treasures

A bright pink orchid in the middle of the dining room table.

A morning bath (for mommy!) followed by breakfast in bed with all my favorite people.

Four hand-made Mother's Day cards - including one with my son's first attempts with a marker and another with my daughter's first drawing of a strawberry (which is remarkably accurate).

Making a formal declaration of devoting ourselves, as parents, to raising our son in the ways of the Lord.

Our daughter sitting on the steps of the sanctuary stage behind us, playing quietly with her dear friend as they await their siblings being introduced to the church family.

Lunch I didn't have to plan or prepare.

A nap.

Snuggle time on the bed for everyone (for the second day in a row).

Afternoon Frappuccinos on the patio of Starbucks, coloring with my little girl and playing (or losing at) Tic-Tac-Toe with my husband while our son sits on his lap, enjoying the weather.

Dinner I didn't have to plan or prepare (or deal with the fact that we were missing ingredients).

Teaching my daughter how to recognize rhyming words (and seeing her try - most of the time) as we snuggle on the couch.

Enjoying previously-recorded Royal Wedding footage with my man.

These moments and more, brought to me by my wonderful family.  I wouldn't trade them for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment