13 March 2012

Of Homework

It makes me smile to know that one day I will be able to tease our daughter about the time back when she used to say things like, "Can I do my homework?!" or "Homework?!  Yay!"  I'm not even sure where she learned the concept of homework (probably Sid the Science Kid, it's where she learns all her school-related vocabulary, including the concept of drawing in her "journal"), but from the very first day I printed off some worksheets for her to color on and practice tracing she has dubbed these activities "homework."  So, today, when I told her we got to do homework, this girl was practically jumping out of her chair.  And, of course, her copycat brother was pretty happy about it, too.






It won't always be this easy, but I'll take it as long as I can.

1,000 Gifts:
73. Lasagna fresh from the oven (paired with yet another loaf of homemade bread - marvelous)
74. Three babies finally asleep after a long day of refusing to do so.
75. A room filled with clothes handed down to us for our sweet boys.
76. A rainbow of markers.
77. A tub of unexpected ice cream.
78. A blue, glittery ball rolled back and forth across the floor by a formerly cranky toddler.


Taking Time for Play: Outside
Tonight's Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment